Bug #417137: cvsnt does not compile with GCC4.3

Dear Mentors,

Martin Michlmayr filed a bug against cvsnt, because it does not compile with GCC4.3. He provided a patch. I have forwarded the patch to upstream, but the upstream maintainer hesitates to commit it into the official code, because it is for a snapshot version of GCC4.3 and because it may break stuff on other architectures (see thread in -dev newsgroup: news://news.cvsnt.org:119/46109BC8.6010900@metromec.ch)

How can I:
* Compile (with current standard gcc) for other architectures that are supported by Debian, so I can make sure that it works on them * Compile with gcc4.3 for other architectures that are supported by Debian, so I can fix the actual bug
?

I'm running Sid.

Thank you for your help and best regards
	Andreas
--

    Andreas Tscharner		andy@vis.ethz.ch
   http://www.vis.ethz.ch/~andy   ICQ-No. 14356454