Re: RFS: avelsieve

On Tue, April 24, 2007 12:40, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
>> * 01_foldersort_bugfix.patch: the patch does not contain a description,
>>  neither in the DP-header nor in the code itself. What does it do? Did
>> you forward it to upstream?
>
> Well, I don't know where to describe that. The upstream author works on
> squirrelmail, too. He said the bug was in squirrelmail itself and he tries
> to fix it there. If that does not work correctly he will include my patch
> in the next version of avelsieve. The patch just sorts the mailbox folders
> when creating new rules. So it's nothing heavy ;)

Yes, Alexandros indeed works on SquirrelMail aswell. You can describe what
a patch does in the lines that start with "## DP:" in the patch file. That
makes sure that if someone else takes a look at your package they'll know
what the patch is about.

> Okay, testing for squirrelmail-configure is no problem, i've done that
> now. But how do I change the script that it's working correctly without
> debconf? Testing on db_input and db_go, too? And what could I do with
> db_purge? That is needed when purging after usage of debconf, isn't it?

In the rare case that debconf is purged before your package, your package
should make a best effort to purge as much as it can.

Try something like this:

if [ -f /usr/share/debconf/confmodule ]; then
    . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
    [do debconf stuff]
fi

or if necessary, do only this for including the debconf confmodule and use
"|| true" to make sure db_purge does not fail when the confmodule is
missing.

Thijs