Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 04:50:16PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 01:37:29PM -0800, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> >
> >     Are you suggesting that instead of creating a debian "off topic" mailing
> > list, we should create a debian-help list instead, specifically mandated on
> > the topic of getting and giving help with debian?
> >
> >     debian-user's description is "Help and discussion among users of
> > Debian"... obviously these two topics need to be separated so that there's a
> > list where debian users can be *productive*.
> >
> I think that people on this list are plenty productive.  The description
> for debian-devel says that it is for discussion related to the
> development of Debian and the description for -project says that it is
> for non-technical issues affecting Debian.  That does not stop things
> from drifting far OT on those lists.  Now, if you wanted a moderated
> list, that might make it slightly more likely to get what you want.

these OT threads are just the water-cooler break after a long morning
of churning out widgets. We all get together and thump on each other
for a while before getting back to work. It keeps the interest up for
those of us who spend a lot of time on here answering the same
questions over and over...

right?