Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 01:37:29PM -0800, Tyler MacDonald wrote:

>     Are you suggesting that instead of creating a debian "off topic" mailing
> list, we should create a debian-help list instead, specifically mandated on
> the topic of getting and giving help with debian?
>
>     debian-user's description is "Help and discussion among users of
> Debian"... obviously these two topics need to be separated so that there's a
> list where debian users can be *productive*.

I think that people on this list are plenty productive.  The description
for debian-devel says that it is for discussion related to the
development of Debian and the description for -project says that it is
for non-technical issues affecting Debian.  That does not stop things
from drifting far OT on those lists.  Now, if you wanted a moderated
list, that might make it slightly more likely to get what you want.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez