Re: Building docbook manpages (Re: RFS: crotch)

Le Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 01:57:21AM +0100, Daniel Leidert a écrit :

> > xsltproc -o debian/ -''-nonet /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/manpages/docbook.xsl debian/themanpage.1.xml
>
> This command will lead to problems with special characters. Have a look
> at /usr/share/doc/docbook-xsl/examples/foo.1.example_manpage.xml.gz. for
> an up-to-data example and the recommended command. The latest release
> (1.72.0, currently preparing the package) also adds support for
> dh_installman features (see the upcoming documentation of
> man.output.lang.in.name.enabled or bug #310895).

> > I think I will switch to xmlto.
>
> AFAIK xmlto simply uses the docbook-xsl stylesheets (but it uses the
> already removed the passivetex extension to create PDF, which is not a
> good idea). Not sure, if you can overhand parameters to xmlto via
> command line (maybe with the [-m xsl_fragment] option?).

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for the example manpage. I was wondering wether
xmlto would be a nice way to factorise some code across debian/rules and
debian/control files, but if I understand correctly, calling xsltproc
directly is better because it is needed to set parameters. By the way,
where are these parameters documented, and where can I get the relevant
informations for "those who care about xml manpages"?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org