Re: RFS: softbeep (updated package)

Hi Ahmed,

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 14:21 +0200, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.3-17
> of my package "softbeep".

Thanks for taking care of an orphaned package!

It looks generally ok, but I've got the following comments/questions:

* There are open bugs in the bts for softbeep, which have no response
  yet, and might have some merit. Have you looked at the bugs? Can they
  be fixed in this upload? If not, you could respond to the reporters
  why it will not (yet) be resolved.

* I personally think that "3.7.2.2" is too precise for a
  standards-version, since the last part should not make any difference
  for a package. I suggest to keep only the significant "3.7.2" part.

* You install the upstream file "RELEASES" as documentation, but it is
  some sort of a changelog. I propose to have it installed by
  dh_installchangelogs instead.

* Your patches have very generic names: 01-shlibs.dpatch  02-sb.dpatch
  03-sb-beep.dpatch, and there's multiple unrelated changes per file.
  I'd prefer if the filenames describe what the patch does, and that you
  separate the patches per subject. This makes it easy to add, update or
  remove a specific patch.

Thijs