Re: RFS: ballview : new package version

Le Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:37:24AM +0100, Andreas Moll a écrit :
> >debian/debian-ball-install clean
> >make: execvp: debian/debian-ball-install: Permission denied
> >make: *** [clean] Error 127
> Hi,
>
> I dont have any clue what went wrong with the permissions of this file
> since I have tested the package multiple times on several computers by
> calling
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> It never showed me an error like this before.
> Could you perhaps try to build the package with the line above?
> I am wondering if this would solve this issue. Maybe there is a problem
> with the cowbuilder?

Hi Andreas,

When I ran dpkg-buildpackage in your sources, it warned that the debian
diff would not keep the executable permissions. This problem was not
present before because you built a native package, in which everything
was in the tar.gz.

If the scripts are intended to be used on other platforms, how about
moving them out of the debian directory, in the upstream sources?

By the way, I built a previous version of your package on a intel PC,
and the following problems remain :

- Some files have executable permissions while not necessary (such as
  pictures)

- There is no manpage for BALLview.

Please run a lintian test on your .deb and .dsc files before asking for
sponsorship. Sponsors will anyway do this test and ask you to fix the
problems, so there is no need to wait for them to do it :)

But more importantly, it seems that your latest version does not fix the
problem of building on all debian arches. I doubt somebody will sponsor
your package until this is fixed.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles