Re: RFS: cbm -- display the current network traffic in colors

On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:14, Jari Aalto wrote:
> I'm looking for sponsor:
> - lintian clean
> - pbuilder tested
>
>   Package name    : cbm
>   ITA/ITP URL     : http://bugs.debian.org/404671
> * Package bugs URL: http://bugs.debian.org/cbm
>   URL             : dget -x
> http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/debian/cbm/cbm_0.1-1.dsc License         : GPL
>   Programming Lang: C

>      The Color Bandwidth Meter displays the current traffic on all network
> devices in a simple, curses-based GUI.
>      .
>       Homepage: http://www.isotton.com/utils/cbm/
>
> debian/changelog:
>
>     cbm (0.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>       * Initial release (Closes: #407214)
>
>      -- Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>  Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:46:07 +0200

Hello Jari,

I have had a look at your package, Lintian -iI gives the following warning:

W: cbm: missing-depends-line
N:
N:   The package contains an ELF binary with dynamic dependencies, but does
N:   not have a Depends line in its control file. This usually means that a
N:   call to dpkg-shlibdeps is missing from the package's debian/rules
N:   file.

debian/docs is empty and should be removed.

You have some lines in debian/rules that are not needed
 * dh_installdocs
 * dh_installexamples
 * dh_link
 * plus several commented out lines

If you have a look into these issues I will perform the upload.

--
David Watson - Debian GNU/Linux Developer
david@planetwatson.co.uk, dwatson@debian.org

Jabber: dwatson@planetwatson.co.uk
Web: http://planetwatson.co.uk/blog