Re: Tone-of-voice used by sponsors

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:

> Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>> If you take a look at some other sponsors,
>> you will see that if they have some criticism on a package, they will
>> often include *why* it is a problem, and/or how to solve it. This
>> doesn't have to be long.
>
> this would take me much more time to write the mail.
>
> besides from that, and that is the main reason why i don't do it, i
> expect a maintainer to be able to /either/ find more information about
> the problem on its own, /or/ to ask back, and then i'm explaining it
> more verbose. these are both two very basic requirements, i don't think
> that i'm overestimating people with this.

I agree with Daniel. Short bullets that point the obvious points to
look are very informative. Thank you for those.

As to comes to removing "# dh_*" comments we agree to disagree on
this. I have no problem with Daniel considering that a "good
practice", but I hope that all understad that developers may have
other views that may be equally valid. After all the person who will
be maintaining the package will surely know how he does it in most
effective way.

Jari