Re: Tone-of-voice used by sponsors

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 09:57:14PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > I would not seriously expect anyone to sponsor a package of mine with an outstanding
> > issue like that.
>
> please read the whole mail about his debian/rules and why i prefere to
> not sponsor such packages. giving the impression, i wouldn't sponsor
> packages due to whitespaces or empty lines is not fair.

I did not mean to imply that you refused to sponsor someone's packages
over whitespace.  I was simply trying to say that it is ok to point
things out.  However, *I* happen to think that it is wrong to refuse to
sponsor a package because someone prefers to do something one way and
you prefer to see it done differently.  As you and a number of other
people have pointed out, no one is forcing you to sponsor anyone's
packages.

You can feel free to require that people make a photograph of themselves
in a yellow chicken suit available on the Internet before you will
sponsor a package.  That is if that sort of thing strikes your fancy,
since it is just as arbitrary as having whitespace done a certain way.
I think Joey Hess has the right idea in how he points out that it is
better to focus on things like security, rather than whitespace.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez