Re: Tone-of-voice used by sponsors

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> I agree.  However, I think the issue concerns the "requirement" that
> someone's preferences be followed.  For example, it is one thing to say,
> "I can't sponsor your package because you use cdbs and I don't know
> anything about it."  It is completely different to say, "I won't sponsor
> your package because I don't like the changelog format you used."
>
> Now, if something is a legitimate issue, it should be identified by
> lintian and/or linda in addition to being mentioned in policy and/or the
> developer reference.

Daniel many times told me that for example, I shouldn't use 2 blank
lines on my debian/rules, don't have empty space a end of line in my
copyright, and things like that.

I agree it doesn't mater MUCH, but it's still better the way he advise
me to correct. And do you really thing it's SO BAD and that it takes SO
MUCH time to do those little changes, or to try to comply with what he
thinks is good? I think it's all right, and that it helps to have
something more clean and easy to read... I also think it's ridiculous to
complain about somebody's perfectionism.

Thomas