Re: "changelog has a useless empty line" (was: Re: RFS: speedometer)

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 02:40 +0100, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Saturday 13 January 2007 23:59, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Jari Aalto wrote:
> > > http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/debian/speedometer/speedometer_2.4-1.dsc
>
> >   * changelog has a useless empty line at the end of the file.
>
> The dh_make template includes that empty line - no wonder almost all RFS's you
> comment on have that deficiency, if it is one.

I don't see the problem about the extra newline character at the end of
debian/changelog.  Maybe I'm overlooking something here?

> In addition, can't it be said that the final blank line is part of the format
> of a changelog.Debian entry?
>
> ---->8-----
> $package ($version) $distribution; urgency=$urgency
>
>  * $change[0]
>  * $change[1]
>  * ...
>
>  -- $Maintainer <$maintainer_address>  $date

> There is always a blank line after the maintainer line before the following

Creative thinking. :)

On the other hand, it is normal that sponsors have different opinions on
packaging style and quality.  Removing that extra newline character is
no big deal, so if that makes the sponsor happy...