Re: RFS: libitpp
On 02/01/07, Daniel Baumann wrote:
Kumar Appaiah wrote:
Please find the new files here; I am having problems with Debian Mentors:
* remove the useless empty line at the end of changelog.
* i just saw you uploaded revison -2. revert the revision to -1 again,
the bump is useless when the previous revision wasn't uploaded to
* why priority extra? i think, optional is ok here.
Made it optional.
* the dev package should not contain the soname, rename it to
* since the documentation is not a huge "stand alone" manual,
i don't think a dedicated -doc package is justified. just
include the stuff in the -dev package.
* debian/docs is a helper file not prefixed with the package name.
for consistency reasons, i recommend to rename it do the package
you want to assign it, otherwise it is automatically assigned to
the first package listed in control, which makes it less
error-prone to read the sources.
same with debian/manpages.
* at the end of the manpage, you wrote:
This manual page was written by Kumar Appaiah <aku-
firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by oth-
never do the hyphenation yourself, groff is just takeing care about
this dynamically itself.
* this here:
# shared library versions, option 1
in your rules file is not needed, you can remove it.
* another tipp about rules: do not use more than multiple empty line
as a seperator, one is just enough.
Fixed that as well.
the rest is good, if you fix above things, i'll sponsor the package.
Please check that things are fine. Otherwise, I'll get back to you
with necessary changes.
462, Jamuna Hostel,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai - 600036