Re: RFS: libssh -- SSH and SCP library (new package)

On Thursday 21 December 2006 02:18, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester wrote:
> >   I've updated the package to fix these issues.
>
> ...and imported another glitch:
>
>   * useless empty line at the end of the changelog file.

  Fixed.

> >   I used install -D -m 644 to install the lintian overrides, but I'm not
> > sure this is the best solution.
>
> well, it ok, but you could make it much simpler.
>
> first: you could install it directly to
> debian/$packagename/usr/share/lintian/[...] instead of first installing
> it to debian/tmp, and then copying it with an install file to
> debian/$packagename.
>
> second: since you already have a install file for the respective binary
> package, i would install it within this with:
>
> debian/libssh-2.lintian-overrides /usr/share/lintian/overrides/libssh-2

  According to dh_install man, "Files named debian/package.install list the
files to install into each package and the directory they should be installed
to", so if I'm not mistaken, this will
install /usr/share/lintian/overrides/libssh-2/libssh-2.lintian-overrides,
which is not the wanted behaviour.
  Thus I used your first solution : installing it directly to
debian/libssh-2/...
  Updated package is here http://dgnr.free.fr/debian/unstable/ and .dsc is
here http://dgnr.free.fr/debian/unstable/libssh_0.2rc-1.dsc
  Thanks a lot for your help.