Re: [RFC] alpine - Friendly text-based email client (Bug #401001)

On Tue December 5 2006 16:08, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Quick side question resulting from off-list discussions:
>
> This package conflicts with (custom-built) pine packages many people
> have been using.  Okay if I make alpine "Conflicts: pine" and
> "Replaces: pine"?

not necessarily "custom-built", see:
http://www.washington.edu/pine/getpine/linux.html

> Also, I think it would be useful if /usr/bin/pine were a symlink to
> /usr/bin/alpine?  Old-time users might expect just "pine" to work.
> Okay to do that?

I think that the two packages should be able to coexist, if possible, at
least until alpine stops being an "alpha" product.

So, maybe hold off on replacing "pine" for now.

- Bruce