Re: [RFC] alpine - Friendly text-based email client (Bug #401001)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Daniel Baumann wrote:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/alpine/alpine_0.8-0.dsc

 * you're modifying imap/Makefile without notice in the changelog

Fixed.

 * it's normal to write debhelper with a version, such as
   debhelper (>= 4), and list it as the first build-depends.

Done.

 * outdated standards-version.

Fixed; bumped to 3.7.2.

 * Homepage: http://www.washington.edu/alpine/ should have two leading
   spaces.

Done.

 * your upstream url is not valid.

I fixed that in debian/copyright.

 * s/Copyright/License/ in copyright, and add the
   'Copyright (C) $year $copyright_holder' line.

Done.

 * remove the useless commented stuff in rules and watch

Cleaned.

 * remove the binary-indep stuff, you don't build arch: all packages

Cleaned, too. I had to keep the rule in there or otherwise lintian would complain, but the rule does nothing now.

 * remove the useless dh_* calls

They're gone.

 * do not use two or more empty lines as seperator in rules, one is
   just enough.

Fixed.

 * remove the empty lines at the end of watch

Fixed.

the rest looks good. if you change above things, i'll sponsor it.

I also tested it in a pbuilder, where it installed fine. I had to add some build-depends to get that to happen. I also added "${misc:Depends}" to the Depends line of the packages as per discussion on this list.

Let me know what you think now. I've bumped the revision number to 1. I've held off from the other proposed changes (i.e., no symlink to "pine", and no "conflicts: pine" nor "replaces: pine") pending further discussion. I think this makes a fine 0.8-1 package.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/alpine/alpine_0.8-1.dsc

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.

--
There is no such thing as inner peace.  There is only nervousness or death.
Any attempt to prove otherwise constitutes unacceptable behaviour.