Re: RFS: scim-qtimm and scim-bridge for ZhengPeng Hou

Osamu Aoki wrote:
Also have you checked current Qt shipped with Debian is compatible with
scim-qtimm.  Last time I checked about a year or so ago, Qt nneeded
patch to use scim-qtimm.

Debian's Qt3 have patched the Qt immodule since version 3.3.5-4(Feb 23, 2006). All Qt3 immodules work great and are quite stable. [1]

How are you going to integrate this with current im-switch structure.
> Did you add English Debian specific README.Debian for install guide.

Qt3 immodule can work with current im-switch smoothly.
Default setting may auto-detect the existence of Qt3 immodule, and enable it whenever users launch X. [2]

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I think that was the same patch skim needed and it is in place.  The
> question is, is scim-qtimm relevant now there is skim?

Scim-qtimm and scim-bridge-cleint-qt can work with scim or skim.
In fact, skim also can work without Qt3 immodule. It may use XIM without problem.

Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)

[1] Etch's gcin-qt3-immodule and uim-qt have supported Qt3 immodule.

[2] For example, gcin's im-switch script enables Qt3 immodule automatically, when it found libqgcin.so. If the user remove gcin-qt3-immodule, then XIM will be used as the fallback default.