Re: New request for checking: Java library tagsoup (ITP #359170)

On (22/11/06 15:31), Paul Cager wrote:

> > I don't think the repackaging of the upstream zip file into a tarball
> > warrants a README.Debian-source file, so I would remove that.
>
> I put this in because of section 6.7.8.2 in the Developers' Reference
> seemed to require it. Is this right?

I read that section as the file is required if the repacking is for
anything other than the purely technical reason of having to do it to
get a tar.gz as opposed to any other format, as that is the only format
accepted for uploads to Debian.

There are many packages that repack a .tar.bz2 and don't document it.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256