Re: New request for checking: Java library tagsoup (ITP #359170)

Hi!
> 3)  Comments in changelog expanded, to explain about the man page patch.

No, it should only include the one line with "Initial release...". The
changes from upstream are considered packaging work, and do not need to be
recorded in the changelog. If you subsequently change things in the
packaging or upstream parts for future releases, you can record it in the
changelog (if it's interesting enough).

> 4)  copyright file changed to use standard GPL wording

Looks good, but please do not indent the two lines
   On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public
   License version 2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'.
to separate them from the other blurb.

> (although I am
> still a bit unsure about including the whole of the AFL -- any comments?).

That's fine, it must be included in whole.

> The package is not quite lintian/linda clean:
> lintian -I -i
> I: tagsoup source: build-depends-without-arch-dep ant

As you see it's only an informational message. I think your package is
correct, so just ignore it.

I don't think the repackaging of the upstream zip file into a tarball
warrants a README.Debian-source file, so I would remove that.

debian/docs has an extra blank line at the end.

Regards,

Marcus