Re: RFS: tptest3

Hi Thijs,

Thanks for your comments they are indeed such things I look for. Some of them were solved in a newer version and the newest available version which you can find here has included fixes for your comments (I don't know how to replace an already uploaded package?). The newest version is 3.1.7-3
http://ftp.datanom.net/tptest3/

Read my comments below.

On 2006-08-21 19:17:01, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

* Re-read your changelog entry. You've left some boilerplate :)

Check. Fixed in the newest version

* In debian/control, you specify all packages to be i386-only. Why
don't
  they work on other architectures? Are you sure you don't mean
"any"?
Check, have change it to any in the newest version.

* debian/rules contains commented-out commands which is unnecessary.

Done in newer version.

* there's a stray debian/tptest3.files in the package.

Check, have removed that from the newest version.

* debian/watch does not work: no matching hrefs for watch line
  http://www.datanom.net/tptest/download.html tptest3-(.*)\.tar\.gz

A mistake. Copy/paste is nice, sometimes:-)

* You install both README and README.Debian, which have essentially
  the same content.

A README file is mandatory using autotools. But to eliminate redundancy I have renamed README.1st to README. README now contains the upstream authors build notes.

* You've got a LSB header in the init scripts but it doesn't provide
  dependency information. Like networking, for example?

Check. I basically had to options: required or should start/stop. I have chosen required because the service will only start if a network interface is available. I have not made further requirements since the service will start if only the loop-back interface is present. I have left should start/stop in the script with zero dependencies to show the admins that, even if there are any dependencies, I have taken this into consideration but found none. Admins can the add information if needed. Eg. firewall issues etc.

* tptest3-doc.install contains only a comment, so it might just as
  well be removed.

Check. Removed in the newest version.
* The package descriptions are really inadequate. How can I judge
  whether to install the package when I'm redirected to a manpage
  that's included in that package itself? Please see the developer's
  reference for more information on writing the description.

I see your point. More descriptive information in the newest version.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
Momma always said: "Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest.
You never know what you're gonna get"

	Forrest Gump