Re: RFS: spe (updated package)

Hello Andreas,

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 22:31 +0200, Andreas Bresser wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.2a+repack-1
> of my package "spe".

I've taken a look. I haven't uploaded it yet, because I've spotted the
following things that could be improved:

* Most importantly, 0.8.2a+repack-1 already exists in the archive! This
  version has been uploaded last Friday. You should base your work on
  that version to make sure that any bugs that it fixed will remain
  fixed in your upload.

* The upstream tarball has been repacked, but I can't find any reasoning
  why you're doing that. When repacking the upstream source, make sure
  to list it in the debian/copyright file, and describe how someone can
  reproduce that.

* I get a bunch of Lintian warnings like these:
  W: spe: script-not-executable ./usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_spe/Menu.py
  Not critical, but you should resolve them or silence them.

Good luck!

Thijs