Re: RFS: yorick (updated package; fixes FTBFS on powerpc and obsolescence)

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 18:21, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Le mercredi 16 août 2006 à 16:56 +0200, Christoph Haas a écrit :
> > Version jump:
> >  The version currently in Debian is 1.5.14. Is it really necessary
> >  to use the CVS version instead of the last stable 2.1.01? Or am I
> > looking at something complete different at
> >  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=148451 ?
>
> The CVS version contains useful bug fixes as well as features I
> requested for Debian integration regarding FHS compliance. If I went for
> the published tarball, I'd have to backport most of the CVS advances.

Understood.

> > Testing:
> >  Is there an easy way for idiots like me to try simple plots or
> > something like that with your package? The "yorick" binary greets me
> > but leaves me pretty alone. :)
>
> A short plot-oriented tutorial is available through:
>
>  #include "testg.i";
>  grtest;
>
> Hit return after each plot.

Hmmm...

chaas@aldi:~$ cd /usr/share/yorick/i/
chaas@aldi:/usr/share/yorick/i$ yorick
 Copyright (c) 2005.  The Regents of the University of California.
 All rights reserved.  Yorick 2.1.02 ready.  For help type 'help'
>  #include "testg.i";
 grtest;SYNTAX: syntax error near #include "testg.
SYNTAX: missing close "
SYNTAX: syntax error near <EOF>

What am I doing wrong?

> You can get more tests by typing "library" (test suites are at the end
> of the list).

Okay, I get a list of tests. But those give me the same error when
including them.

Cheers
 Christoph
--