Re: RFS: ccd2iso (ITP #373150)

Hi Asheesh,

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 15:03 -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> ccd2iso is a program to convert CloneCD images to normal .iso CD image
> files.  It's helpful for users who have made CloneCD images of discs that
> they want to use in a Free OS.
 Sounds good to have this.

> I want to add that there are a lot of these little *2iso programs, and
> most of them are dead upstream because they are simple, well-tested
> programs that are complete.  Someone on #debian-mentors suggested
> rewriting them in Perl in one package, but I'd rather avoid that because
> these tools are well-tested by upstream authors invested in their
> correctness, plus programs like k3b expect the binaries to take certain
> arguments.
 Agree. Also, binary ones sounds better for me; or if someone would like
to reinvent the wheel, then please do it in Python instead of Perl.

Anyway, the package may use debhelper compatibility level 5, but that
would make Sarge backports a very bit 'harder'. The latest
Policy-Version is 3.7.2, please recheck your package against it. Also I
don't know if it matters, but if its GPL-2 licensed, then the license
path has the '-2' postfix. Also, I dislike to use DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE and
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE, but others may override my opinion.
For the watch file you may better use:
http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php?project=foobar foobar-([\d.]*).tar.gz
It looks OK otherwise.

Cheers,