Re: Getting *really* close to releasing my first .deb's... What's next?

Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> wrote:
> $ /usr/bin/apxs2 -q "LIBEXECDIR"
> /usr/lib/apache2/modules
>
> Yet on my work system, lintian complains with that. On my home system, both
> with pbuilder and just plain debuild, the warning does not appear.
>
> This is confusing me. On my home system, I've added /usr/local/lib to my
> ld.so.conf because I'm compiling libraries there all the time. I'm wondering
> if the presence of it there is preventing it from being added to RPATH at
> home. Still, even though I ran pbuilder at home, wouldn't pbuilder's
> ld.so.conf be a debian default without my customization?
>
> I'm going to bash away at it some more...

	OK... so the *only* place I'm able to reproduce this is on my work
machine, using debuild. Even on my work machine, using pbuilder,
/usr/local/lib doesn't show up in the rpath. I've also tried this on my home
machine and my girlfriend's machine and both work fine, no rpath, under both
debuild and pbuilder. I've even tried with and without a libbtt.so already
in /usr/local/lib (the only thing mod_bt links directly against). All 3
machines are running debian/unstable and are apt-upgraded pretty much daily.

	I'm going to assume it's something quirky in my work machine's
config, build my packages elsewhere (or with pbuilder), and leave it at
that.

		Cheers,
			Tyler