Re: Getting *really* close to releasing my first .deb's... What's next?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> However, if $CFG_LIBEXECDIR in your build is /usr/local/lib, that's
> probably a problem.  In general, the string "/usr/local" should not appear
> anywhere in your build for Debian packages.

It doesn't, and apxs2's reply is the same on both systems:

$ /usr/bin/apxs2 -q "LIBEXECDIR"
/usr/lib/apache2/modules

Yet on my work system, lintian complains with that. On my home system, both
with pbuilder and just plain debuild, the warning does not appear.

This is confusing me. On my home system, I've added /usr/local/lib to my
ld.so.conf because I'm compiling libraries there all the time. I'm wondering
if the presence of it there is preventing it from being added to RPATH at
home. Still, even though I ran pbuilder at home, wouldn't pbuilder's
ld.so.conf be a debian default without my customization?

I'm going to bash away at it some more...

	Thanks,
		Tyler