Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

On 4/26/06, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> What do you need from tetex-bin and tetex-base? Only the latex/tex
> binary? Are there any files needed?

Just basic LaTeX and the babel package. And, having peeked
the texlive package descriptions, I think the dependency on
texlive-base-bin and texlive-latex-base you suggested should
be sensible.

> > Hmm.. Maybe, getting texlive to try is a good idea.
> > How can I get it? It's not in sid, right?
>
> in experimental, and an upload to unstable is in process (well, as soon
> as my mentor finishes it).

OK. As thailatex only installs filies under /usr/share/texmf
according to TDS, it should work with texlive as well.
So, I've already added the optional dependencies.
Thanks for your suggestion.

--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/