Re: RFC/RFS: beef - a flexible BrainFuck interpreter

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:23:24 -0300
"Margarita Manterola" <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some comments about beef:
>
> * E: There's no "ITP".  According to [1], you should submit your ITP
> and then close the bug in the "Initial Release" line of the changelog.
>  Please do that.

I'll do that.

> * W: You are using "compat" with debhelper 4.  It is now recommended
> to use debhelper 5, instead.  It's not compulsory, just recommended.
> You need to change debian/control if you decide to bump the version.

I'm not sure. Russ pointed out there's no real need to upgrade compat by now.
But if you have more to say about that, I'm happy to hear.

> * W: The program is licensed under GPL version 2.  Therefore in the
> debian/copyright file you should point to
> /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 instead of just "GPL".

Isn't GPL just a symlink to GPL-2? And GPL 3.0 is still unreleased, so I think
there is no ambiguity in pointing to GPL.

> * W: In your debian/rules you included the "dh_installdocs" and
> "dh_installexamples" rules, but there is neither a "docs" nor a
> "examples".  Also, you have a dh_installchangelogs, but the changelog
> is actually installed by the Makefile.

I'll fix that.

> The package also has the following lintian warning:
> W: beef source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.6.1

This warning doesn't show up on my system. I guess it's because I'm building
it under Sarge, and Etch has a greater standard-version. Where can I find the
right standard-version for Etch?

Cheers.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>
"Like Russian Rulette with six bullets loaded"