Re: RFS: FSlint - File System lint

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:34:45PM +0000, P?draig Brady wrote:
> Justin Pryzby wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 05:04:30PM +0000, P??draig Brady wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I've been maintaining FSlint for a few years now
> >>and it has proved quite popular. There have even
> >>been (buggy) thirdparty debian packages floating around.
> >>In the latest version (2.14) I have created a debian package,
> >>and it would be create if someone could sponsor this
> >>package for inclusion in debian.
Oops; policy 3.5 recommends to not depend without versions on
essential packages such as bash:

http://www.us.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s3.5
|Packages are not required to declare any dependencies they have on
|other packages which are marked Essential (see below), and should not
|do so unless they depend on a particular version of that package.

Do you have an ITP filed?  You should, and close it in the changelog.

        -$(MAKE) -C po clean

This is evil; see bug #325372.

You run perl substitution in the install target; why not create an
install target which allows this generality?

Uncomment watchfile lines.

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot is preferable to fakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage (doc/FAQ)

Please include a more detailed license statement, in the source files,
in the README, and perhaps in "COPYING" or "LICENSE".

All the bash scripts should probably be using set -e.

Why not use some incarnation of tmpfile rather than
TMP/unused_and_referenced_libs ?

    counter=counter+1             #use bash arithmetic for speed
What?!

All for now
Justin