Re: RFS: xshisen_1.51-2 --- Shisen-sho game for X11

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:15:35PM +0800, Zak B. Elep wrote:
> Hi Justin!
>
> On 2/21/06, Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Programs don't crash!  You "should" remove that file for testing,
> > debug the non-program, and fix it to do something useful/print a
> > message when the datafile isn't found.
>
> I did that before uploading, of course.  Now xshisen should work fine.
Really?  Your response here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/02/msg00275.html
seems to indicate that you fixed the package not to crash by
distributing the file.  Of course the file should be distributed.  But
even if it isn't, the program should be written to not crash,
hopefully in a graceful way (eg using errorx() rather than assert()).

> Unfortunately, I'm hitting a snag at #291279 (strange source package)
> which is most likely a misversioned NMU :/  Any hints at fixing this?
It is my understanding that you can fix it by making sure that the
next upload has these 3 files: .orig.tar.gz, .diff.gz, .dsc.  Of
course there will be at least one .deb too.

afaik, dpkg-buildpackage will create a native package iff the
.orig.tar.gz of the right name isn't found in ../.  Just make sure is
named correctly and that the changelog version is right.

The relevant policy is:
5.6.12 Version
| If there is no debian_revision then hyphens are not allowed;
http://www.us.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version
I wonder why this isn't (wasn't?) enforced..

> At any rate, I've to celebrate; I got my first REJECTED mail from the
> archive installer thanks to trying to fix this package :P
Rejected why?

Justin