Re: RFC: PyKaraoke

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:53:48PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>  --- Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> > Only the frontend seems to be using libwxgtk-python, so I'm planning to
> > separate it into two different binary packages, one with the command line
> > programs (and less dependencies, no wx) and another one, depending on it,
> > with
> > the frontend.
>
> I've split the package into two, as I said. I have a problem with lintian
> anyway, the manpage for all the programs is the same, with links. Thus, the
> gui program does not include its own manpage, as it is included in the
> command-line package, which is required. Lintian gives a warning anyway. May I
> override it?
That seems like the right thing to do.  Lintian is probably using
something like an test -f /usr/share/man/man1/$binary.1.gz, which
would fail if that was a symlink which was dangling for the package,
but would not be dangling if its deps were installed.  Its probably
not worth the bother to file a bug and try to solve this more
generally.

Justin