RFC: PyKaraoke

PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player written in Python. You can use it to play
your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. Upstream homepage is at
http://www.kibosh.org/pykaraoke/

PyKaraoke is actually a GUI frontend which controls three libraries, pycdg for
CDG files, pykar for MIDI/KAR files and pympg for MPEG files. If you do not
wish to use the GUI you can actually start a player directly from the
command-line (or by associating file-types in your operating system).

Prerequisites for using the program are: python python-pygame libwxgtk-python
python-numeric

Only the frontend seems to be using libwxgtk-python, so I'm planning to
separate it into two different binary packages, one with the command line
programs (and less dependencies, no wx) and another one, depending on it, with
the frontend.

My current packages are at http://baby.yi.org/packages/pykaraoke/ . I guess
the  links to the program should go to /usr/games instead of /usr/bin, and I'm
not sure whether /usr/lib/python is the best place to put the program files,
as probably /usr/share/python would fit best, but upstream choose to put them
there. Maybe I should ask him about it.

I'd be glad to receive comments about the package or about the doubts I have
commented.

Lots of thanks,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.