Re: RFS: libmarc-perl -- Perl extension to manipulate MAchine Readable Cataloging records

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 11:10:39AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> > I'm looking for a sponsor for the following package:
> > Title: libmarc-perl -- Perl extension to manipulate MAchine Readable
> >        Cataloging records
> > ITP: #351471
> Uploaded.

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately there's a problem with this package too:

| From: Debian Installer <installer@ftp-master.debian.org>
| Rejected: libmarc-perl_1.07-4.dsc refers to
| libmarc-perl_1.07.orig.tar.gz, but I can't find it in
| the queue or in the pool.

> I noticed you have also libmarc-record-perl in your
> directory, but didn't upload it (as it might not be ready or
> whatever).

It is ready from my POV but there is an older ITP: #251875 owned by
David Everly, and Dave told me today that he wanted to proceed with
his packaging efforts. But he is looking for a sponsor too, so maybe
you could take a look at his package? Cc'ing deckrider@gmail.com

The situation is the same for libnet-z3950-perl; I've made a package
(you might have seen it too) before looking at the wnpp list, and
than found Dave's ITP (#263821) in the BTS. - We would both be glad
of one of our packages made it into the archive.

My "last" lib.+-perl package is libnet-amazon-perl (#351472), which I
sent an RFS for today, too. I'd be glad if you find the time to take
a look at it, too.

> I'm leaving your address as the maintainer - That means, I only
> uploaded it, but the package is still all yours :)

Thanks.

> Please consider joining the Debian Pkg-perl group, helping us
> co-maintain our packages, and having us co-maintain yours.

Is this http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-perl/ ? I'll have a
look at it.

Kind regards,
gregor