Re: RFS: knmap -- Kde interface to nmap [uploaded]

On Friday 13 January 2006 19:40, Claudio Moratti wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 15:48, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > debian/patches: [QUESTION/HINT]
> >  You are changing a whole lot of the autoconf parts. Does this have
> >  to do with some transitions going on? Usually just the config.guess
> >  and config.sub are altered in Debian packages and those are directly
> >  in the diff.gz (without the need to use dpatch). Just curious.
>
> My first sponsor, Florian Ernst, taught me about libtoolization...
> I relibtoolize every package, if necessary, in order to have a correct
> and minimal "Depencend" field...
> this is the reason ;-)

I thought I understood at least the reason to include diffs for a
config.guess and config.sub. But IMHO relibtooling is only needed when
certain libraries are in a state of transitions. Could you (or Florian (or
anyone)) shed some light on this procedure and the whys? I have never seen
this being used as a "common procedure" for packages and would like to
learn.

> I uploaded the fixed package!

Me, too. :)

Another minor issue: the .desktop file makes knmap show up in the
Applications menu rather than in the Internet (Network) menu. Perhaps the
upstream could reconsider this classification.

 Christoph
--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.