Re: Subject: RFS: mantis (updated package)

Patrick Schönfeld wrote:
> Hmm. Do i really need to do this? Because my debian/rules don't install
> them, as i patched the sources (with patch 01 and 02) to use the debian
> packages of them instead. I just did not want to change the orig tarball
> for this.

as we are also distributing the source, not just the binaries, you have to:

  * either write a complete debian/copyright file covering all code
    shipped within the sources.

  * or, rebuild the upstream tarball and remove the things not needed.
    note that i'm strongly advocating not to do that, unless you save
    several megabytes on the tarball size witht hat.

    note, that you will also have to document the changes you made in
    debian/copyright, and, should add a '+debian' tag the upstream
    version to reflect the changed upstream tarball.