Re: RFS: audacious -- Small and fast audio player which supports lots of formats

Le lundi 9 octobre 2006 14:57, Daniel Baumann a écrit :
> Adam Cécile (Le_Vert) wrote:
> > I don't understand why I should do that. What's the problem ?
>
> currently, you have:
>
> audacious
> libaudacious3-dev
> libaudacious3
> audacious-plugins
> audacious-plugins-extra
> audacious-locales
> audacious-common
>
> whereas:
>
> audacious-common is only interesting for BinNMUs, but the package is,
> unpacked, only 440kb.. not worthwile, include that into audacious.
>
> audacious-locales is only interesting, if you don't want the additional
> locales installed, but it is unpacked only 1.5mb, not worthwile, include
> that into audacious. splitted out locales is only worthwile for some
> real large programs like openoffice.org, mozilla-* etc.

It would save 1500+440 x supported_archs in the archive, I don't think it's so
useless... But as you want (I still don't understand why separate packages
could be a problem ;)).

> audacious depends on audacious-plugins, so from the depends point of
> view, you don't gain anything with that. just include audacious-plugins
> into audacious.
>
> since audacious depends on audacious-plugins, let's compare the
> depends-chains of (audacious + audacious-plugins) and
> audacious-plugins-extra, these are the *additional* depends which
> audacious-plugins-extra does have:
>
> libartsc0 (>= 1.5.0-1)
> libaudiofile0 (>= 0.2.3-4)
> libcomerr2 (>= 1.33-3)
> libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.15.5-1)
> libesd0 (>= 0.2.35) | libesd-alsa0 (>= 0.2.35)
> libflac7
> libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-12)
> libgnutls13 (>= 1.4.0-0)
> libidn11 (>= 0.5.18)
> libjack0.100.0-0 (>= 0.101.1)
> libkrb53 (>= 1.4.2)
> liblircclient0
> libmodplug0c2 (>= 1:0.7-4.1)
> libmpcdec3
> libmusicbrainz4c2a (>= 2.1.4)
> libresid-builder0c2a
> libsamplerate0
> libsidplay2
> libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-12)
> zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)
>
> as these pull-in jack and arts, it makes sense to keep these plugins as
> a seperate package (as you mentioned and I agreed before). when you drop
> the original audacious-plugins, you can just rename
> audacious-plugins-extra into audacious-plugins.

Well... This make sense but what's about uo-coming 1.2.0 release ? Upstream
will release it as two separate sources tarball, one for the core software
and lib, another one for all plugins.

So it makes sense to keep this kind of depencies, as I will need to do this
for next release.

> everything clear?

Yep, package re-uploaded to mentors with micro-packaging. I wait for your next
answer before starting packages merges.