Re: [Fwd: RFS: libmtp] (reminder)

Op di, 26-09-2006 te 16:20 +0100, schreef James Westby:
> On (26/09/06 11:09), Jean Parpaillon wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libmtp".
>
> Hi I cannot sponsor, but I have some comments,
>
>   * Can you please expand the long description. At least mention what
>     the MTP is, and what sort of devices support it.
>   * Should libmtp-doc be in Section: doc?
>   * Please dtop using ${Source-Version}, see
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/09/msg00228.html
>   * Please sort out the debian/copyright, see
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
>     Also there are more copyright holders to find, and a few files with
>     unclear copyright status that should be clarified upstream.
>   * I'm not sure whether you should install the rules in rules.d or in
>     the parent dir and add a symlink.
From /usr/share/doc/udev/README.Debian.gz:

MAINTAINERS BEWARE: the use of /etc/udev/rules.d/ by other packages is
discouraged, except when only RUN rules are added.
If you think your package needs to create a file there, then please
contact the udev package maintainer and explain your needs.
Packages should NEVER create files in /etc/udev/rules.d/, but create a
symlink the first time the package is installed (and never try again, to
allow the local system administrator to remove it).

So contact Md and don't install any files in /etc/udev/rules.d!

Greetings Arjan