Re: [Fwd: RFS: libmtp] (reminder)

On (26/09/06 11:09), Jean Parpaillon wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libmtp".

Hi I cannot sponsor, but I have some comments,

  * Can you please expand the long description. At least mention what
    the MTP is, and what sort of devices support it.
  * Should libmtp-doc be in Section: doc?
  * Please dtop using ${Source-Version}, see
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/09/msg00228.html
  * Please sort out the debian/copyright, see
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
    Also there are more copyright holders to find, and a few files with
    unclear copyright status that should be clarified upstream.
  * I'm not sure whether you should install the rules in rules.d or in
    the parent dir and add a symlink.
  * There are some lintian warnings
      W: libmtp: package-contains-upstream-install-documentation
      usr/share/doc/libmtp/INSTALL.gz
      W: libmtp: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmtp1

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256