Re: RFS: Tunapie

Op ma, 25-09-2006 te 13:07 +0100, schreef James Stone:
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:14:47 +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
>
> > There are still a few warnings in 1.0-4:
> >   W: tunapie source: uses-dh-python-with-no-pycompat
> > W: tunapie source: not-using-po-debconf
> > W: tunapie source: out-of-date-standards-version
> >   3.6.2 (current is 3.7.2) E: tunapie source:
> >   missing-dh_python-build-dependency python |
> >      python-dev | python-all-dev
>
> None of these come up on lintian (1.23.24) on my system.
Strange, I see them here.
> I was not sure about python deps because it depends on
> python-wxgtk2.6
>
> And I was assuming this would do the right thing in terms
> of selecting an appropriate python version because of it's
> dependence on python. The last thing I wanted to do was specify
> a version of python that won't work with wx.
>
> >   W: tunapie: script-not-executable ./usr/share/tunapie/Tunapie.py W:
> >   tunapie: script-not-executable ./usr/share/tunapie/tuneradult.py W:
> >   tunapie: script-not-executable ./usr/share/tunapie/tuner.py W: tunapie:
> >   script-not-executable ./usr/share/tunapie/tunersafe.py W: tunapie:

I don't know anything about the new python-policy, but usaually lintian
is right:

E: tunapie source: missing-dh_python-build-dependency python | python-dev | python-all-dev
N:
N:   The package runs dh_python in debian/rules but doesn't build-depend on
N:   python or python-dev. dh_python requires /usr/bin/python to run, so
N:   packages using dh_python must build-depend on python (or python-dev or
N:   python-all-dev, which in turn depend on python), even if they don't
N:   otherwise need Python to build.
N:
N:   Refer to the dh_python(1) manual page for details.

> In my opinion these are stupid warnings.. The python scripts are not
> supposed to be executable.. they are run by the main program. Still,
> does this need to be fixed for Debian? If so, how? Is there a way to
> chmod them preinstall?

If the are not supposed to be executable, you should remove the she-bang
line (#!/usr/bin/env python) from the files. If you want them to be
executable you can do a chmod  in your debian/rules file.

Greetings Arjan