Re: The situation of gcc-h8300-hms and related packages

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I've asked for sponsorship of gcc-h8300-hms 3 months ago [1], but couldn't find
> anyone to do the NMU for me.

I can sponsor such packages for you, but I do have a biiig question:

h8300-hms (actually, h8300-coff) is dead upstream.  Nobody wrote a new gas
backend for h8300-coff, and it has been pulled from binutils.  What do you
intend to do about it?  The last binutils version that supports h8300-coff
is 2.16.x, I think.

h8300-elf still lives, though.

Also, maybe it is high time to rename h8300-hms to its proper name,
h8300-coff ?

> Now that the package has been orphaned [2], I'd hope for the situation to
> improve. Anyone willing to sponsor may find the package at [3].
>
> If there is any interest, I'd be willing to prepare new uploads for the packages
> brickos and binutils-h8300-hms as well, which have been orphaned too.

Which binutils upstream did you use for H8/300 coff ?

  Henrique Holschuh