Re: What to do with word documents ?

Hi,

Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:

> 1) How can I know if they are redistributable at all, for instance if
> they contain non-free fonts? In the worst case, do I have to repackage
> the sources as well?

I'll leave that to the real experts on the matter.

> 2) There are simple text versions of those documents, but they have many
> pages, so I was considering to convert them to PDF or HTML. However, the
> converter which gives the nicest results in my hands is openoffice. Is
> ther a way to run it from the command line?

I suppose this is doable with PyUNO (Debian package python-uno) or
another language binding for OOo. But I've never used these beasts; just
giving a pointer in case you didn't know about these.

> Would it be considered as buildd sabotage ?

Good question. :-P

> 3) In general, is there a policy about MSWord documents?

Never heard about that...

--
Florent (sorry for not being able to help much, but...)