What to do with word documents ?

Dear mentors,

I am working on a package which contains MSWord documents. I was wondering
the following questions:

1) How can I know if they are redistributable at all, for instance if
they contain non-free fonts? In the worst case, do I have to repackage
the sources as well?

2) There are simple text versions of those documents, but they have many
pages, so I was considering to convert them to PDF or HTML. However, the
converter which gives the nicest results in my hands is openoffice. Is
ther a way to run it from the command line? Would it be considered as
buildd sabotage ?

3) In general, is there a policy about MSWord documents?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org