Re: RFS: libinklevel -- library for checking the ink level of your local printer

James Westby wrote:
> On (11/09/06 09:40), Adam Cécile (Le_Vert) wrote:
>
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libinklevel".
>>
>> * Package name    : libinklevel
>>

> Hi Adam,
>
> Some comments
>
>   * Your package fails in my pbuilder, (and not just mine). A call to
>     ldconfig in the install target is a bad idea. Removing the call from
>     the Makefile solves this, but means the .so.3 link is missing, so
>     you would have to add that yourself. If you wish to provide a fix
>     upstream either
>       - Suggest they use PREFIX and DESTDIR as most packages do, and
>         don't call ldconfig if DESTDIR is not empty.
>       - Make the symlink, rather that calling ldconfig.

I will have a look to this, I hope I'll understand how to fix it.
>   * The version number is ugly, consider use of the now supported ~
>     (e.g. 0.6.6~rc3-1)

How should I use it ? Do I need to rename upstream sources tarball ?
>   * ${Source-Version} should be ${binary:Version}

Okay.
>   * I would want more in the description, does it support all printers?
>     The README.Debian includes a list, but it would be good to have a
>     short list in the desciption, (e.g. "many printers from Epson and HP
>     are supported")

Hmm, nice suggestion.
>   * Your debian/copyright disagrees with the AUTHORS file about the
>     upstream authors, also you have missed a copyright holder.

Files copyrights disagree with the AUTHORS file so I don't know who's
right...