Re: RFS: libinklevel -- library for checking the ink level of your local printer

On (11/09/06 09:40), Adam Cécile (Le_Vert) wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libinklevel".
>
> * Package name    : libinklevel

Hi Adam,

Some comments

  * Your package fails in my pbuilder, (and not just mine). A call to
    ldconfig in the install target is a bad idea. Removing the call from
    the Makefile solves this, but means the .so.3 link is missing, so
    you would have to add that yourself. If you wish to provide a fix
    upstream either
      - Suggest they use PREFIX and DESTDIR as most packages do, and
        don't call ldconfig if DESTDIR is not empty.
      - Make the symlink, rather that calling ldconfig.
  * The version number is ugly, consider use of the now supported ~
    (e.g. 0.6.6~rc3-1)
  * ${Source-Version} should be ${binary:Version}
  * I would want more in the description, does it support all printers?
    The README.Debian includes a list, but it would be good to have a
    short list in the desciption, (e.g. "many printers from Epson and HP
    are supported")
  * Your debian/copyright disagrees with the AUTHORS file about the
    upstream authors, also you have missed a copyright holder.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256