Re: RFS: queuegraph (take two)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:34:55AM IST, martin f krafft
<madduck@debian.org> incoherently babbled:

Hey Martin,

>   debian/control: any reason why Homepage: is indented?

I see this has already sparked a thread. I merely followed an example I
was previously pointed to.

>   debian/copyright: you don't claim any copyright over the packaging

Hmm, I just filled in the appropriate details from the dh_make generated
debian/copyright - I've adjusted it now

>   debian/cron.d: the cron job does not do anything, it only checks
>     whether count.sh is executable but never runs it. The shell
>     redirections are also incorrect.

Ack! I was trying to verify that the execurable is there, and if so, run
it shooting any output to /dev/null (I've found the script occasionally
complains when a message leaves the mail queue before the count.sh
script finishes executing)

>   debian/install: any particular reason why you install shell
>     scripts it /usr/lib and not /usr/share?

I guess I was just following the example from the apache2 package - it
drops executables that should be in a user's $PATH in /usr/lib/$package/
eg /usr/lib/apache2/suexec

>   debian/postrm: the else clause makes no sense.
>     also, why do you escape the $ in the warning:
>       echo "postinst called with unknown argument \$1'" >&2
>     there's also a spare '
>     same thing applies to postinst

That would be because I yoinked them from bindgraph and adapted them to
my needs. If there is a better example in http://svn.debian.org , I'd
appreciate being pointed in it's direction

>   debian/postinst: instead of ! -d $DATADIR, check out mkdir -p

A valid point. Done.

>   debian/rules: "# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper."

Whoops!

> Finally, please also run linda in addition to lintian. And ideally
> piuparts.

Will do.

Once I've fixed the cron.d, postrm and postinst scripts, I'll upload to
mentors.debian.net again

Regards

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)1 6535148 | sip:31313@blueface.ie

http://www.conall.net

Eagles may soar, but weazels don't get sucked into jet engines.