Re: using cow-shell to build a package

Michael Hanke wrote On 2006-07-29 18:08,:
Hi,

[snip/]

It would be nice if you could describe your setup in more detail (or
even provide the hook scripts somewhere). I tried a A00login hookscript
that invokes in interactive bash, but for some reason it exits
immediately when invoked by pbuilder:

I didn't do anything special than reading the pbuilder-doc and using examples from /usr/share/doc/pbuilder

 -> user script /var/cache/pbuilder/build//1695/tmp/hooks/A00login finished
 su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
 (Ignored)

I don't have access to debian/ubuntu system right now, but I think in order to go interactive from a hook I did something like this in a hook script

bash </dev/tty >/dev/tty

I also didn't use the A hook, only the pre-build hook and build-failed/build-success hook (sorry, don't remember the hook letters anymore)

Thanks in advance,
Michael

HTH,
Martin