using cow-shell to build a package

Hi all,

I'm currently using cowbuilder to build a package. It is much faster
than pbuilder but sometimes not fast enough. I'm currently working on a
package which involves tweaking the debian/rules for the right settings.
After every change I have to invoke cowbuilder which takes a lot of time.

Is it possible to login to a clean environment with you package, make
changes and test until its ready and leave the environment later with no
changes made to the environment but the package-tree? Does cow-shell
provide this functionality. If yes, how?

Cheers,
--
Bastian Venthur
http://venthur.de