Re: RFS: dcfldd

On (26/07/06 11:15), Kenny Duffus wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 10:55, James Westby wrote:
> >  * debian/rules clean should call make distclean not make clean.
>
> this was changed as distclean is not used in the Makefile but clean appears to
> do the same thing

I did a test where I built your package then ran fakeroot debian/rules
clean. This left some files (e.g. Makefile around). I then ran make
distclean and this went away.

> >  * Lintian warning about old FSF address in debian/copyright.
>
> i'd previously been advised to keep it as specified by upstream...

That's fine, but consider contacting upstream about chnaging the
address.

> >  * The software is GPL v2 so point the users at GPL-2 on Debian systems.
>
> /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL is v2 and the license states or greater

Why did I never notice that before? Apologies for this.

> >  * Specify which version of the GPL your packaging is released under.
>
> is the fact it is specified in debian/copyright not enough?

I think it is better to be explicit, you say

  The Debian packaging is (C) 2006, Kenny Duffus <kenny@duffus.org> and
  is licensed under the GPL, see above.

Is it worth saying

  The Debian packaging is (C) 2006, Kenny Duffus <kenny@duffus.org> and
  is licensed under the GPL v2, see above.

just so there is no confusion?

James

--
  James Westby