Re: library files in package
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: library files in package
- From: Frank Küster <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:25:36 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Steven Hill's message of "Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:16:11 -0700")
- References: <006c01c6ab48$976f3300$2296a8c0@Swordfish> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steven Hill <email@example.com> wrote:
>>From what I have seen, unsatisfied dependencies that are listed in the
> Depends: section just cause the installation to abort and warn the user
> of the unsatisfied dependency - am I missing something?
That is going to happen if you install the package with "dpkg -i".
> I would like the
> missing dependency to be satisfied automatically by the installer by
> invoking "apt-get install" or some similar process...
apt-get, aptitude and friends will do that automatically. Never noticed
Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding @ Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)