Re: Academic Free License (was: Re: RFS: The bobcat library, stealth and bisonc++)

Dear George Danchev, you wrote:
> On Friday 07 July 2006 18:11, Frank B. Brokken wrote:
> > Hi List,
>
> Hello Lists, Frank,
>
> -legal,
>  Could you please comment on AFL v. 2.1 as found at:
> http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-2.1.php
>  this will serve as a future reference as well
> I think that by making things perfectly clear (as of licensing under already
> proven free software license) you'll get much more users and won't frighten
> prospective sponsors. Anyways (as you wrote in a separate message to me) you
> are the copyright holder and you have no problems to re-license it under the
> GPL. So, if I were you, I stay on the safe side.

You're right. I did, and considering your remarks: I'll change it back to the
GPL. Consider it done, even though the distribution currently at sourceforge
still mentions the AFL. I'll add an errata to the current version stating the
change of copyright, and in the next version it'll be formally
altered back into GPL.

PS: I hit the return key too quickly on the previous posting, containing
merely the earlier sent mail by George. My apologies for that.

Kind regards,

--
    Frank B. Brokken
    Computing Center, University of Groningen