Re: use of xvfb-run in pbuilder builds

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

Are there any suggestions or can anyone point me to a package that
successfully uses xvfb under pbuilder?

In theory, it should work, though I have not really tried recently.

Does your chroot have /tmp/.X11-unix ?

That is it, I guess. I have a minimal chroot because I want to be sure that the buildd network can build the package no matter what. I suppose that I will have to figure out how to install all the requirements at run time or just give in and permanently install X on my chroots. Is there any guarantee that the buildds have this installed already?

cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics